Founded in 1951, Amideast is a leading American nonprofit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). We believe that self-forged, fulfilled lives lead to understanding, mutual respect, and a more peaceful, productive world.
The Country Director will serve as Amideast’s senior representative in the West Bank/Gaza (WB/G), fostering positive relationships with host country government officials, key clients, partners, and donors; and overseeing the delivery of all Amideast’s programs and services to ensure consistency, quality, and a focus on client requirements. The incumbent will be responsible for managing all aspects of operations for Amideast in the WB/G, sustaining the existing program portfolio, and determining a strategy for the expansion of offerings and activities. The incumbent must be an assertive self-starter who possesses strong diplomatic and entrepreneurial skills.
Overall responsibilities for this position entail managing office operations, ensuring the financial integrity of the field office, recruiting and training staff, and developing a diverse portfolio of programs and services which includes educational advising and testing services for students and professionals, scholarship and exchange program services for a variety of sponsors, institutional capacity building initiatives, and professional training services, including basic management skills, workforce development skills, English language courses, and test preparation programs.
Amideast WB/G has its main office in Ramallah, and branch offices in Gaza, East Jerusalem, Nablus, and Hebron. The incumbent will be responsible for traveling to the branch offices on a regular basis and for ensuring the financial sustainability of all WB/G offices.
Specific responsibilities for this Country Director position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Strategy and Business Growth
· Sets the strategic direction for the sustainability of existing core lines of business and for the development of new opportunities to ensure continued growth amongst our various offices.
· Leads all business development activities for Amideast by identifying opportunities in the corporate, governmental, and educational sectors.
· In coordination with headquarters, develops and writes proposals and prepares budgets for submission to potential clients, donors, and sponsors.
· Maintains client, donor, and partner relationships to position Amideast for new business opportunities.
· Coordinates all programs and technical activities in the field office and supervises staff and a core team of teachers and trainers that support and implement programs.
· Ensures that strategies are in place to monitor and to evaluate all programs and technical activities that the Amideast WB/G field office implements.
· Ensures that all required technical and financial reports are submitted to clients and donors in a complete and timely manner.
· Oversees the preparation and submission to headquarters of required reports including accurate statistics on field office activities.
· Remains current on changes within the education and corporate training industries through publications and continuing education.
· Prepares briefings on educational, training, and economic developments in the WB/G and in the MENA region.
Human Resource Management
· Directs the continued development of Amideast human resources including setting strategies for hiring, staff development, promotion, salary and job classification structures, and formal staff training and orientation.
· Develops and coordinates personnel policies and procedures in conjunction with the Senior Director of Human Resources at headquarters.
· Creates a learning culture within Amideast WB/G and acts as a mentor to staff for on-the-job growth.</…….