Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Deputy Chief of Party on a USAID-funded activity in Senegal.
The purpose of this activity is to to increase sustainable access to improved sanitation and water services while increasing consumer demand for sanitation and water services, building on experience from USAID’s 2016-2022 Assainissement, Changement de Comportement et Eau pour le Senegal (ACCES) activity. The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and provide technical leadership and activity oversight across several areas of anticipated focus for the project. Tetra Tech seeks candidates with expertise in the areas of USAID management, water service delivery, sanitation, fecal sludge management (FSM), engineering, and institutional strengthening.
* Supervise project startup and closeout activities, working with the COP and home office team.
* Work closely with technical and administrative staff, in coordination with the COP, to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors and local counterparts.
* Provide technical assistance to the project in one or more specific technical areas, in accordance with the contract statement of work and approved work plan.
* Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national and municipal levels.
* Provide quality control of products prepared by the team and provide technical guidance to partners.
* Assist the COP with the preparation of work plans that define the activities to be carried out under the project, of progress reports that update the client on project implementation, and of all other major project deliverables defined in the contract.
* In coordination with the COP, provide leadership, supervision, and direction to the project’s field implementation team and additional short-term technical assistance resources.
* Represent Tetra Tech in-country at conferences, seminars, and other professional meetings that require presence of project DCOP.
* Work with the COP to assure that equipment, local personnel, and project files are handled in accordance with client and Tetra Tech policies and regulations such as SOPs and the Code of Conduct.
* Help meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by USAID.
* Implement any other activity as deemed appropriate by the Home Office, which contributes to project success.
* Serve as Acting COP as needed.
* Master’s Degree in in engineering, WASH, or a related field.
* At least 10 years of technical experience in water or sanitation service delivery, water or sanitation service chain development, fecal sludge management, training and capacity building, community engagement, or pro-poor approaches to WASH access .
* A demonstrated track record of progressively responsible experience providing leadership to donor projects with similar complexity; USAID project experience preferred. At least five years must be in a management position.
* Proven leadership, organizational and writing skills.
* Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
* Demonstrated experience overseeing teams across multiple geographies, ensuring appropriately tailored and synchronized activities.
* Knowledge of West Africa WASH sector. Experience in Senegal preferred.
* Professional Fluency in French and English is required.
* Qualified applicants from Senegal highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter