ACTED is Independent, private and non-profit organisation respects a strict political and religious impartiality, and operates following principles of non-discrimination, transparency, according to its core values: responsibility, impact, enterprising-spirit and inspiration.
ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavours to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard-to-reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
Under the direction of the IT Support Manager, the IT Officer is responsible delivering timely reactive and proactive IT Support for both hardware and software; and for computer networks, connectivity, endpoint management and setup, installations, account management and capacity building in Idelb.
ICT Officer is expected to advise junior IT staff and support senior IT staff in reporting, escalating, assignment, updating of IT Tickets and ensuring SLO’s are met.
As directed, and under the authority of the IT Support Manager, report, implement and enforce IT Policies and IT Security in your area, with enforcement of IT Policies.
- Ensure optimal performance of wired and wireless network at the base and suitable connectivity for all network devices.
- Ensure timely setup and optimal performance of employees’ workstations and other IT office equipment.
- Ensure a proper identity, account, and permission management for all ACTED staff.
- Provide technical expertise for IT related procurement and efficient communication with 3rd party IT service suppliers.
- To guide and train all the collaborators within Idleb in the use and appropriation of the productivity software and other applications.
- Ensure the maintenance and security of systems, whether software, hardware, or communication systems.
- Ensure ACTED ICT systems (including hardware, software, and telecommunications) comply with mission policies, ACTED logistics & donors’ procedures, best practices & national regulations.
- Support implementing and setting the IT department’s strategic goals objectives
- Update, track inventory and provide reporting as required under ACTED guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities
IT Service Desk
- Create and update tickets in the IT Service Desk
- Ensuring SLO (Service Level Objectives) are met for your area(s)
- Be the 2nd line support to junior IT staff and ensure timely escalation to senior IT staff as appropriate
- Assist in the building internal IT Team knowledge base
- Create and develop content for a user knowledge base for self-help on IT Issues
- Training junior IT staff and mentoring their skills in IT diagnosis and best practice
- Ensure Change requests are raised to IT Support Manager for approval before changes are made.
- Monitor, manage, maintain, and deploy IT infrastructure devices and solutions
- Create guides on configurations & ensure all guides from IT Team are stored.
- Assist another IT Team member …….