Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 900 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
Project HOPE is providing humanitarian assistance to internally displaced and conflict-affected persons throughout Ukraine. The US Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance selected Project HOPE as their implementing partner for a project focusing on providing specific support activities related to the Health, Protection, and WASH sectors in Healthcare facilities and IDP Social Centers. While Project HOPE will lead on the majority of activities, we are also working in partnership with two specialized NGOs focusing on assistive technologies as well as specialized water and sanitization work in hospitals. This position will be based in Ukraine. Local Nationals Only
The Program Manager in Ukraine provides operational support in the project related to humanitarian aid, monitoring & evaluation, and technical support to health programs to improve the quality and effectiveness of field programs focused on several oblasts of Ukraine. The incumbent works closely with field personnel, with periodic travel around the Ukraine.
- Professional experience in implementing donor-funded projects and strong management experience, with preference for USAID funded donor experience.
- Ensuring project is sharply focused on programming goals and essential communications with key stakeholders are actively managed.
- Build partnerships and connections with stakeholders (Health facilities, Government officials, local NGOs) for effective program implementation and development.
- Work closely with a range of stakeholders, establish partnerships, disseminate complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Make informed, timely and effective decisions with minimal guidance, distinguishing between relevant and irrelevant information, and consulting with others when appropriate.
- Monitor and report program progress within the agreed timeframes and to the organization’s standards.
- Support the Program Director in reviewing/drafting partner agreements, modifications, MOUs, and Agreements with recipient agencies as needed.
- Lead on scheduling, administration and noting of a range of project meetings.
- Establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with other staff members characterized by trust, mutual respect, and open, honest communication.
- Present project achievements on behalf of the Program Director when appropriate.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data and information, compiling high quality reports for senior staff.
- The Program Manager will hold budget authorization approval for small and mid-sized purchases. S/he will monitor, document and approve these expenditures. It will be the Program Manager’s responsibility to ensure that all US Government and Project HOPE procurement and finance procedures are followed for assigned transactions.
- Develop and draft report language under the direction of the Program Director.
- Manage a …….