Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 900 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60-year legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability and transparency.
The Program Officer I position provides operational support, monitoring & evaluation, and technical assistance to improve the quality and effectiveness of Global Health programs in the Asia/Middle East region. Works closely with country staff, Sr. Program officers (Sr. PO) for the region, Regional Director (RD), along with Technical Leads, and other HQ departments, and includes periodic travel to programs. The position also completes a variety of work tasks and products that contribute to the effective operation of the Global Health division.
Program Implementation & Operation
- Contributes to program success and technical quality of assigned projects. Serves as headquarters backstop by frequently communicating with country staff on program implementation. Apprises Sr. PO, RD, and others as appropriate on matters of concern. This includes scheduling and hosting regular team meetings with the program manager, country director, Sr. PO, and Director, M&E and RD, as needed, to discuss program progress, issues of concern and work plans.
- Monitors assigned programs by reviewing information, reports, and data through regular exchange and communication with program teams. Supports Sr. PO and technical and monitoring and evaluation teams to monitor achievement of program and subproject objectives, indicators and data collection. Makes on-site visits as appropriate.
- Enters and maintains quarterly project data in internal organizational database to allow for analysis and monitoring from HQ.
- Functions as the primary liaison for assigned programs to other headquarters departments.
- Supports Sr. PO and RD with daily coordination and communication between assigned programs and other headquarters departments, including Legal, Finance, M&E, Communications, etc.
- Coordinates, contributes to the development of, and ensures completion of program planning documents for assigned programs, including Workplans, Detailed Implementation Plans, M&E plans, Program Designs, and Start-up or Close-Out plans.
- Coordinates, contributes to the development, and ensures completion of quality program reports with country staff including PH quarterly reports, survey reports, and donor reports.
- Reviews, analyzes and prepares project results in collaboration with country team for presentation within PH and externally as appropriate.
- Participates in quarterly portfolio review meetings for programs.
- Supports Sr. PO and country teams with the development, implementation, and management of subaward or subgrant agreements for assigned projects. Works with project teams on preparation of sub-awards and subgrant agreements to ensure alignment with internal and donor procurement policies and routing for appropriate approvals.
- Works to ensure that Project HOPE policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Collaborate with peer organizations and joins technical associations …….