Between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, there’s plenty of opportunities to snag a good deal in the coming days. What you may not know, though, is that some items are better purchased on Black Friday than Cyber Monday—and vice versa. Thanks to BlackFriday.com, we’ve got the inside scoop on what type of items you should be buying on each day for the absolute best deals. Here’s what the BlackFriday.com team had to say about the sales this year:
What to Buy Thanksgiving/Black Friday
- TVs: Black Friday is about the doorbusters, and TVs lead the doorbuster charge. You’ll find 4K TVs at the lowest prices you’ll find all year – and most of these deals will start the week of Thanksgiving instead of Black Friday. While those famous doorbusters will be in limited supply, the Black Friday TV craze will pull down the prices of all models, so you’ll be getting a deal even if you don’t snag a doorbuster. While you’ll also see some good Cyber Monday TV deals, the discounts won’t be as dramatic, and the selection won’t be as big.
- Toys: Toys are another popular Black Friday item and they fill retailers’ Black Friday ads. But it’s not just low prices that make Black Friday the best day to shop for toys – hot toys will sell out fast for the holidays, especially with parents wanting new ways to entertain and occupy their children at home, so you’ll want to buy as soon as possible. The most popular toys will be sold out before Black Friday draws to a close, so forget about waiting until Cyber Monday. Instead, get started on your toy shopping at least the Monday before Thanksgiving (as many retailers will start their Black Friday toy deals on Thanksgiving Day or earlier).
- Gaming Consoles: Gaming console prices drop in price on Black Friday because they are sought-after holiday gifts. And the popularity of the newest systems means you’ll want to hit the ground running before Black Friday instead of waiting a few days. Although you’ll still see some gaming deals on Cyber Monday, last year we did see that the most popular consoles kept selling out.
- Appliances: Department stores like Macy’s and electronics stores such as Best Buy go all in on Black Friday, discounting practically everything they carry. In addition to the more celebrated discounts on electronics, you’ll find plenty of discounts in the appliance department as well. With many people spending more time at home, there is higher demand for appliances. If your home needs some upgrades, Black Friday is a smart time to shop for refrigerators, ranges, washer/dryer combos as well as air fryers, instant pots, KitchenAid mixers and microwave ovens.
- Footwear: You probably don’t think of footwear when you imagine Black Friday, but maybe you should. Unless you’re the type of sneaker wearer who only grabs the cheapest options, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great days to find sales.
What to Buy Cyber Monday
- Laptops/PCs: Cyber Monday centers on tech deals, meaning laptops, desktops and gaming PCs will be in the spotlight. You’ll find plenty of computer deals on Black Friday, it’s true, but you’ll see those deals repeated (or slightly improved) …….